On February 7th 2022, as part of the weekly Maker Governance Cycle, MKR holders voted and approved different changes to the protocol. In particular, the Governance decided to increase debt ceilings and decrease stability fees for non-stable-assets and LP-vault-types, in order to stimulate DAI minting.
What has changed?
Stability Fees Changes
- Decrease the ETH-A Stability Fee from 2.5% to 2.25%.
- Decrease the ETH-B Stability Fee from 6.5% to 4%.
- Decrease the WSTETH-A Stability Fee from 3% to 2.5%.
- Decrease the WBTC-A Stability Fee from 4% to 3.75%.
- Decrease the WBTC-B Stability Fee from 7% to 5%.
- Decrease the WBTC-C Stability Fee from 1.5% to 0.75%.
- Decrease the UNIV2DAIETH-A Stability Fee from 2% to 1%.
- Decrease the UNIV2WBTCETH-A Stability Fee from 3% to 2%.
- Decrease the UNIV2USDCETH-A Stability Fee from 2.5% to 1.5%.
- Decrease the GUNIV3DAIUSDC2-A Stability Fee from 0.5% to 0.25%.
- Decrease the TUSD-A Stability Fee from 1% to 0%.
Maximum Debt Ceiling Changes
- Decrease the GUNIV3DAIUSDC1-A Maximum Debt Ceiling from 500 million DAI to 100 million DAI.
- Increase the GUNIV3DAIUSDC2-A Maximum Debt Ceiling from 500 million DAI to 750 million DAI.
- GUNIV3DAIUSDC2-A Target Available Debt Increase
- Increase the GUNIV3DAIUSDC2-A Target Available Debt (gap) from 10 million DAI to 50 million DAI.
You can read more details about the proposal and reasons here.
What does this mean for you?
With these changes, opening a Borrow or Multiply vault with the above mentioned collateral assets is cheaper for you. For example, you can now use Lido Staked ETH and enjoy the full APY for staking ETH at around 4.6% while borrowing Dai at just 2.5%. Such a loan grows at a lower rate than the principal, thanks to Maker and Lido integration. With the power of Oasis.app Multiply users that want to increase their exposure to ETH 2.0 yield can do it with just one click.
If you experience any issues with your Vault or have any questions regarding your Vault or Oasis.app in general, you can browse our Knowledge Base, contact us at [email protected] or the Oasis Channel on Discord.